Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Custom Horse Posters!



Hooray!!! I am so proud and excited to unveil my new Custom Horse Posters! I have always loved vintage posters. My favorites are ski posters and circus posters. The vibrant colors, the foreign phrases, the fonts! I took this love and combined it with my love of horses...and voila...introducing Honeysuckle Faire Custom Horse Posters! The lovely Lilly, of Bay State Brumby, and the courageous Lazarus, of Sweet Horse's Breath, kindly shared their equine beauty so I could practice designing a few posters. And...their sweet and amazingly helpful owners critiqued my work and allowed me to mail them samples so I could get their opinions on packaging, poster paper/cardstock weight, colors, etc.


Here are the results! Above, you see the adorable Lilly. I made the photograph into a flat poster image. I chose a pink border because I know that pink is a Bay State Brumby favorite color. I added the name of the farm where Lilly lives, her name, and her blog name. The French phrase "douceur de vivre" (sweetness of life) completed the 11" x 17" poster!


Next we have Kristen and Laz. These two are bravely facing a difficult battle, but there is so much good news in Kristen's recent posts! I used Kristen's blog background color, blog name, Sweet Horse's Breath, and Lazarus' birthday to design the sweet boy's poster, above.


This time I picked a pink (fuchsia) for Lilly, and a fun circus font! The poster has Lilly's registered name and her parents' (dam and sire) names too. If you click on any of the posters, they will enlarge, and you can see that the photo is no longer a photograph, but a flat image.

Here Kristen is riding Lazarus, her "joie de vivre" (joy of life)!

I was feeling a little Breakfast at Tiffany's when I designed this one of Lilly.


Lazarus, the brave boy.

That indefinable something of dear Lilly!






Below is a screen shot of Honeysuckle Faire Custom Posters.


And a screen shot of my new etsy shop, Honeysuckle Faire.




I am offering custom horse posters on my Honeysuckle Faire website and in my new etsy shop. Both sites explain how to have an 11" x 17" poster made of your horse or pony using your favorite photograph, favorite colors, fun phrases and dates.

24 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Once Upon!!!! I am excited to finally be using my art with horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH- SO wonderful, Juliette! I am going to have Paint Girl take some pics of me and My Boy this spring or summer and have one of these made! I don't think I have any photos that I love of us together right now and he's all hairy (and I need a foil, LOL!)
    Can we provide the quote for the poster? I have one in mind that I would like on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!!! I am hoping horse owners tell me their favorite quotes. It makes it more personal, more custom! You and Your Boy are so photogenic - it will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome!! You are so creative! The posters are great, and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paint Girl and Kate! I am thrilled to be doing these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JULIETTE!!!! MY EYES JUST POPPED OUT OF MY HEAD WHEN I SAW THIS POST!!! Look at all those posters! Look at Lilly Brumby!!!!!! Oh they are just all too wonderful!!!! I am SO ORDERING one for my friend Bill!! I just love them so much. They have charm and wit and so much soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. baystatebrumby - I couldn't have done this post without your help!!! Thank you so much - and thank Lilly Brumby for me (extra kisses and carrots). Thanks for the kind comments - charm, wit, and soul - that's enough to make my day grand! I am looking forward to creating Bill's poster. It will be a nice gift for such a good brumby trainer and caretaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great -- how exciting! I love them! I'm going to order one for my birthday for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. equestrian_librarian - Thanks! I look forward to creating a poster for your birthday! I get the fun of "meeting" all my blogger friends' horses this way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME Juliette!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your talent and spirit are just contagious and joyful.
    I am so gonna have some poster hand made by you for my friends and I!!! You are gonna strike it rich(or at least fun) by the looks of your comments -Ca$hing!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  12. KK - thanks! You make me laugh! I look forward to making all the posters for my blogging friends. Wa Mare will look so lovely in a poster!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You OOOOOZE with talent girlfriend!! WE LOOOOOVE our posters and I will be blogging about it on my blog soon (have to trek to Ikea to get frames/matting etc..so it may be a while).
    BUT..these are SURE to be an etsy HIT!!!!!!! We LOOOOVE ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laz is very honored to be featured!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen - I really am so thankful that you and Laz were able to help me out! I could not have done these without your help. Your encouragement when you saw my first poster of Pie and Sovey helped me think that I might have a good idea! Thanks! Kisses and carrots to Laz too - he is so handsome that he makes the posters look extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool posters! I especially like the last one, Ride Sovereign

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastyk Voyager - Thanks! I took the colors of one of my favorite vintage ski posters and used them for the Ride Sovereign poster. The poster is of my mom on Sovey - I am going to hang the poster in our tack room. I hope it inspires her to ride when she gets back from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Juliette- WE are the ones honored by your talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Juliette; I would love for you to do one of these in memory of Major when I get the wherewithal to go through some photos him without completely loosing it. My sister may want one as well. This is a great idea. If it is after the 31st I''ll order from your etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hosanna - Yes, I would love to do one or two of Major. No worries about after the 31st! Take your time. I am so terribly sorry about him. He was so beautiful. Just let me know when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just ordered some new "action" photos of my boy - but did not see any way to attach pix to order form when I clicked on link?
    Please advise, posters are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Val!

    Thanks for the kind words about the posters! As soon as you order, Paypal generates a form and sends me your email. I will email you and then you can let me know any details you want included on the poster and attach your photos. The larger the photo, the better, so don't feel like you have to crop them. I'll copy this comment and add it to your last post on your blog - I can't find your email. Also, in case of emergency if this all doesn't work, my email is:
    juliette@julietteober.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kristen is great advertisement! I plan to totally order one for myself and for my BFF (as soon as she buys her new horse!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Rachel! I look forward to making your posters. Kristen is a great advertisement - Laz is a lovely spokesman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit Honeysuckle Faire!