Thursday, June 25, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Paint Girl from Adventures of the Painted Creek Farm gave me this Honest Scrap Award! Thank you Paint Girl! Paint Girl lives with a lively and lovely collection of sweet animals including two horses, dogs, kitties, goats...deer! She and her OH (other half) ride gorgeous horses on gorgeous trails in the Northwest "rain forest".

The Honest Scrap Award requires that I tell my readers 10 things about me that they might not know. I also must give the award to 10 people and let them know that they have won the award. Also, you must link back to the person who gave you the award. Thanks again, Paint Girl!

Not sure what you all don't know about me. I prattle on so...I can't believe I have ever left anything out! Hmm...let me see...

1. I am addicted to unsweetened Blueberry Iced Tea with fresh lemon. I make a huge jug of it every morning and carry it around in this stupid (slightly dirty) construction worker-looking blue thermos. I used to be addicted to Coke in the glass bottles, so actually, this is an improvement.

2. I am obsessed with showering in hot water. I love day hiking, but I wouldn't be such a great long distance hiker because I need hot showers frequently. In spite of this, my mother says I always look dirty (thanks Mom!).

3. I really like harder rock music. Not metal, but heavy on the guitar. Sometimes this can be embarrassing.

4. This is a little deep, but I spend a lot of time wondering if I am in heaven already. This started when I was fairly young. Life has been magical - I am not sure I would want something different in the next go-round.

5. I have a photographic memory for dates and numbers. I remember every person's birthday and phone number that I ever learned. When I flip the page-a-day calendar each day I see a date and I immediately picture the person I know with that birthday. It is really weird like Rain Man or something. I once told a girl at my class reunion, that I had this memory. She asked me if I remembered her birthday from when we were friends in 3rd grade. I said, "yes, it is January 6th." She slowly moved away from me!

6. I don't like tack. I ride bareback as often as I can and I use a bitless bridle, but really I wish I could ride with nothing. I am not sure if it will ever work out for me, but that is a crazy goal I dream about.

7. I say a silent little prayer every time I see any kind of animal killed on the road. Around here, sadly, that is often. I don't look at the animal so I am probably saying prayers for shoes, tire treads, trash, etc.

8. I am afraid to fly. I do fly and I never say anything about it while I am flying, but I hate every second of it. I especially get annoyed when everyone else looks so calm. It is like they think they are on a bus and that "bump" was a pothole. It is life and death, People! I have actually taken flying lessons and flew a plane, but it still scares me.

9. When I was in college I had the unbelievable opportunity to hang out with Jimmy Page for a whole week and I am not a groupie. At one point he rode in my car and I wouldn't let him smoke! I was 20 years old and so goofy!

10. Brian and I were married on the last Friday in October at 7:45pm. Our dear little Maizie was born one year later on the last Friday in October at 7:45pm. I think that is so cool!

Well, that is my list. It reads like I am a weirdo.

Here is the list of people I pick for the Honest Scrap Award:

1. Bay State Brumby (just enjoy - don't do twice!)
2. A Year With Horses (just enjoy - don't do twice!)
6. Pony Girl Rides Again (just enjoy - don't do if you are tired of everyone picking you!)
7. Mustang Diaries (I'm sure you already won this - just enjoy - don't do again)
10. Print and Pattern (surely won a zillion times already!)

36 comments:

  1. I say those silent prayers too! I used to say GREAT BLUE SKY ACCEPT THIS CREATURE. Other times I imagine a bright white light for the fallen. And lately, I imagine the animal itself running as fast as it can to the biggest and greenest field you've ever seen where his friends are waiting. I have been moved to tears by seeing what I think is roadkill up ahead only to realize (after actually crying) it is just an old coat or shoe (just like you said) and then I feel REALLY DUMB crying for an inanimate object! Oh well.
    Jimmy Page and flying lessons! You are so cool.
    And you're right--this is heaven right here. Hey! Didn't Mephistopholes say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juliette! I will get crackin' on my honest scrap list in the next few days. How fun!

    I enjoyed reading 10 things about you. Not weird at all, but very interesting and fun. #10 is amazing; dates and numbers are really in sync with you.

    Thanks again for passing this to me. I look forward to posting and passing it a long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet words about me!
    You are not a weirdo! That is what is so cool about this list, you can really get to know someone! Like you, I am terrified of flying! I have actually only flown 4 times. I have to take anxiety meds when flying. Otherwise I might have a full on anxiety attack!
    That is pretty cool you can remember numbers like that. I use to be pretty good, not so much anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun list! I love reading these. I love your paragraph about flying...so true, why are the others so calm? Please! Or maybe they are just trying to look calm and normal and are freakin' out on the inside, like me! :)
    I think it is sweet you say a little prayer for the roadkill!
    I will work on my post this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including my blog, even though it is only a few months old! I never won an award like this before! Cool! So, what do I do now? Am I supposed to pass along? THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, Once Upon an Equine, Paint and Pony Girls - Thanks for the comments - you all made me feel less awkward about this post. It really was fun to do and it is great to learn about your fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! It's fun to learn more about our fellow bloggers - and none of what you said is weird at all - it's just you! (I'm a member of the Million Mile flyer group on American Airlines - and I hate flying too - thankfully I rarely have to do it now!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. Sydney Scrap Copper Recycling

    ReplyDelete
  9. A reliable junk removal service is something that many homeowners will require the use of at one time or another. Thousand Oaks Junk Removal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Junk removal services will have the right vehicles and the workforce at their disposal to rid you of your unwanted stuff safely and efficiently. Junk removal Thousand Oaks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speedy Cash for Cars offers instant cash for scrap cars and scrap metal across greater Brisbane at your convenience with our free removal service. free car removal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!
    cash for unwanted cars

    ReplyDelete
  13. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do it!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very great post.
    cash for cars melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. The raw materials extracted from the junk cars are provided to construction companies or car industries. towing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. I was searching over search engines and found your blog site. Well i like your high quality blog site design plus your posting abilities. I'm from cash for cars caboolture. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future. Regard top cash for cars. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. https://www.scrapmetalsydney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Howdy! This is my fijrst visit too your blog!I’m very happy to discover this website.This blog has lots of very useful stuff on it. Good luck for the future.
    Regards
    cash for cars caboolture
    cash for cars adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. on most of the subjects you write related to Cash For Car Sydney. Again, awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. on most of the subjects you write related Car Removal Sydney. Again, awesome weblog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up. Regard Cash for cars Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Waste removal wolverhampton

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a informative blog! thanks for posting and will be back here for another one, Cheers!!
    Car for car Adelaide
    Car for car perth
    Car for car

    ReplyDelete
  24. Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic. And if you looking for car removal services than send Quotes at any time. Our services are:

    Cash for Car
    cash for unwanted cars canberra
    Car Wreckers Canberra
    Cash for car canberra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Used cars or scrap! you want cash for your car here in Melbourne? you are at the rite door of value as Towing company Melbourne
    cash for car gives you the highest amount in town

    ReplyDelete
  26. First cash for car cash for car
    started the business a few years ago to help people to trade their cars in the most convenient way. We provide the fastest and the most reliable cash for car and car removal services, as well as selling cheap and cheerful used cars in Brisbane and all the surrounding suburbs. Wanting to trade your car, we provide you the best service in any manner, so you can save so much time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You’re so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve truly read something like this before. So great to find someone with genuine thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that’s needed on the internet, someone with some originality!

    CBSE Schools In Junagadh
    CBSE Schools In Kheda
    CBSE Schools In Kutch
    CBSE Schools In Mehsana
    CBSE Schools In Morbi
    CBSE Schools In Narmada
    CBSE Schools In Navsari
    CBSE Schools In Panchmahal Godhra
    CBSE Schools In Patan
    CBSE Schools In Porbandar

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, Found informative blog! Are you waiting for the 24/7 Towing Services
    in Melbourne? Let's catch - 24/7 Towing Services

    ReplyDelete
  29. Read here to know more about The Best Value For Your Scrap Used Old Car? Sell your scrap car with Sydney Cash For Cars largest privately-owned leading car wreckers, service providers and cash for cars in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Local car buyer, a platform where you can get top cash for all types of vehicles. We are buying cars for cash from Brisbane, Gold coast, Canberra, Perth, Melbourne etc. We ensure quick car selling with free removal at the comfort of your home.
    cash for car new-farm"y
    cash for car kelvin-grove"y

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing the wonderful information,
    We come to your house and immediately take up your automobile, paying you cash on the spot. Because we provide free paperwork and same-day unwanted car removal Sydney services, your property will be free of automobiles at that time. You've come to the perfect site if you're looking for quick cash for your junk car removal.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We Offers All Types Of Affordable Luxury Cars On Rent For Wedding, Marriage, Roka, Doli, Shadi, Family Events, Sagun, Honeymoon Tours etc.
    if you need more information visit our website.
    best luxury car rental in Chandigarh
    luxury car rental in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm extremely inspired along with your writing skills as neatly as with the format in your blog. Is that a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to look at a great blog like this one today.. bathroom mirrors australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit Honeysuckle Faire!